cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Use Forrest to build Cocoon docs
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2002 01:09:58 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Here is the current list of dot-points from the Wiki:
>
> I'm basically ok with this list, some comments below.
>
> > . . .3. Staging mechanism for quality control of website production. . .
>
> I assume the Forrested docs will be generated by ant or a by script from the
> current CVS, isn't this sufficient? This can be reproduced by all of us and
> could be the "staging version" I think, assuming the docs generation process
> is well defined (including Forrest version, see below).

That is certainly sufficient for the initial phase.

This item #3 is there because it was an issue raised
in various threads pointed to by the Wiki. There were
a number of factors which we need to glean from them.

I think that this belongs in the "future" category.

> Are you thinking of a staging website instead?
> http://cvs.apache.org/~cocoonCommittersAccount/cocoon-staging?

Our Apache committer spaces are a good place to demonstrate
certain stuff that people are working on, but not a production
staging mechanism.

To answer your question, i do not know what i am thinking of :-)
I was just noting some concerns that i saw expressed.

--David