cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon primer, how about starting to write it on the wiki?
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2002 15:34:32 GMT

On Thursday, October 17, 2002, at 04:45  AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Steven rightly suggests [1] that we should write a "Cocoon primer"
> similar to
> the "Forrest primer" [2].

It seems Cocoon has most of this content already although the it is
somewhat fragmented across multiple docs.

Also, Cocoon is far more complex in functionality/scope than Forrest. A
Cocoon Primer, as simple and elegant as the Forrest-related primers,
seems more challenging. What would your outline be?

What's the motivation for the new doc? A better user experience?

Why do you think this doc needs to reside/incubate on Wiki? My
understanding is the Wiki is strongest at generating *new* content not
necessarily editing existing content (particularly content that's not
wide-ranging in scope).  Isn't the primer effort more a matter of
editing or repurposing what we already have? I just think that so much
can be to improve existing docs by restructuring (filling in holes,
rearranging, etc.) You wouldn't be starting from scratch, would you?

I'm not against your effort, but I'd like to know more...

Diana