cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Use Forrest to build Cocoon docs
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:02:36 GMT
On Tuesday, October 29, 2002, at 12:40  AM, David Crossley wrote:

> Here is the draft of a proposal to seek in-principle
> agreement to use Forrest. Let us work it out here on
> cocoon-docs and, when ready, take the process to the
> next stage.

I'm sorry, David, but I'm a little confused. I've probably misunderstood
your good efforts. However, I'm a bit concerned about an "in-principle"
proposal and a subsequent "in-principle" vote. Doesn't our voting system
depend on a technical justification to accompany a -1 vote when
requested? How can you have a technical discussion of the merits of an
in-principle proposal (which lacks such details)?

<snip />

> At this stage we do not want to get into any details
> about "how" this will be done.

Why not? Isn't the whole point of concern right now (+1, 0, or -1)
about  how, when, and where?

> We know that there are
> varied issues that needed to be addressed. Those issues
> will only be discovered over time.

But there are many issues we can discuss right now! Why can't we draft a
proposal of how we'd do it right now? If it gets voted down, we can
always propose it again down the road, with modifications.

Diana