cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon primer, how about starting to write it on the wiki?
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2002 09:12:01 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Steven rightly suggests [1] that we should write a "Cocoon primer" similar to
> the "Forrest primer" [2].
>
> I think we could create a page for this on the Wiki and start working on it
> there. If ok, I will create the page with a skeleton document plans and some
> initial content.
>
> thoughts?

Go for it :-)

Good influences might be my Primer (ahum), and Jeff's
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/your-project.html.

I would like to give it a try, but it won't be for several weeks. I also
believe it should be something heading toward Cocoon docs CVS ASAP, so
maybe you could as well start directly in xdoc format. Wiki is good for
quick & dirty, but this should be quality whitepaper-ware.

Now that I have commit rights, I did some looking around in CVS - I must
say this branch stuff makes things hard to maintain.

Possible alternative: have a separate module/directory in HEAD with a
subdirectory per version (2.0.x and 2.1-dev) instead of using branches...

Maybe I'm contradicting my own statements regarding this when Diana
mentioned this, dunnow anymore. I'm just throwing this up for grabs. Now
that we have some more doco-oriented committers, maybe we have the
momentum and the energy to continue the great work of Diana & David -
but also the opportunity to rethink things.

</Steven>