cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Keeping website docs in sync with *released* version?
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:17:03 GMT
On Thursday 17 October 2002 14:04, Piroumian Konstantin wrote:
>. . .
> Sometimes it is needed to update docs more frequently even for the released
> version - documents can have bugs too and they need patching ;)
>. . .

Agreed. As there are probably many links to existing docs, I think it would
be better if the current website reflected the released version, with the
bleeding edge docs available under /beta or something (not "cvs" or "wip"
which many people won't interpret correctly IMHO).

I have no idea who/what generates the current website, is it "build.sh docs"
run by a crontab script?

If so, would it be enough to have "build docs" generate the
docs based on a configurable CVS tag for the main site and on the HEAD for
/beta?

-Bertrand