cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: deny postings from non-subscribers
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2002 16:00:09 GMT
> From: Christian Haul [mailto:haul@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de]
> On 04.Jul.2002 -- 07:10 PM, David Crossley wrote:
> > Does anyone know if this cocoon-docs mail list has been
> > configured to deny postings from people who are not yet
> > subscribed?
>
> Many people find this rather inconvenient. If you receive mail through
> a number of addresses and use different ISPs, you end up registering
> all your addresses or -- worse -- just don't post.

I can only confirm this: I am subsribed with @apache.org address to Cocoon
lists, but I have no possibility to use that account to post messages from
work (our Exchange server doesn't allow more than one account), so to post
with the correct address I had to start Outlook Express, synchronize with
our IMAP server and then only post a message. Takes time and it only made my
postings rarer, especially to the Cocoon users list.

If I used wrong account the messages went to Giacomo, who politely asked me
to post from a subscribed account ;) After a while, I've noticed that it's
possible to post messages to Cocoon lists from an unsubscribed address, so I
have no difficulties now. I don't know what has changed (maybe Giacomo just
get tired of sending notifications to me and simply auto-accepts my emails
;)).

Konstantin