cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FAQ and snippet, document() function
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 06:31:16 GMT

Conal Tuohy wrote:
> [...]

It's correct if I tell you not to write your web application in
assembler, IMO it's not dogmatic.
The fact is that IMO XSLT is not the right tool for this job.

>>If you find it simpler to do aggregation with XSLT, I think
>>that there
>>is a usage difficulty with XInclude-CInclude stuff; we could
>>simply make
>>a XSLTInclude that wraps the request in an XSLT call, but that's an
>>implementation detail.
>
> I don't know what you mean by adding a "wrapper" - can you explain?

Well, the main problem with using XSLT for aggregation is that you can
simply use also the other things that don't only aggregate, and this is
really asks for abuse ;-)

Instead, if I define my XSLTI xml syntax, limited to defining tags that
include, and then use XSLT underneath as a motor, but without having the
user use it directly, I have effectively wrapped it.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -