cocoon-docs mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: deny postings from non-subscribers
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2002 14:10:07 GMT
On 04.Jul.2002 -- 07:10 PM, David Crossley wrote:
> Does anyone know if this cocoon-docs mail list has been
> configured to deny postings from people who are not yet
> subscribed?

Many people find this rather inconvenient. If you receive mail through
a number of addresses and use different ISPs, you end up registering
all your addresses or -- worse -- just don't post.

> I ask this for two reasons:
>
> We do not want spammers to discover the existence of
> the list and find that they can get through.

IIRC apache lists use spam filters, judging from cocoon-dev they work
quite well.

> We do not want people on other lists to simply send a Cc
> to this list and think that we will just happily deal
> with every doc-related issue without their involvement.

So? Someone spending hours writing one how-to or writing a long and
good reply to a cocoon-users question, covering the whole topic, may
not send it in? She / he needs to subscribe to cocoon-docs first?
That's not really "open", is it.

Anyway, this can still be done *if* it turns out to be such a mess.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de