cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cocoon 2.1.x and java 8
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 08:19:54 GMT
On 08/01/2015 00:12, Carlos Chávez wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm trying to run cocoon in java 8, I found an issue with the JDT core
> that did not recognize java 8, the version in cocoon is
>
> lib/core/jdtcore-3.1.0.jar
>

> I did tried updating that version, what I did was copy the file
> org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.10.0.v20140902-0626.jar from my Eclipse Luna
> Installation and it works.
>
> I did not find a public repository to download the jtdcore jar, I
> searched in maven repos and did not find any updated jar.
>
> When I compile and run cocoon with java 8, i found the issue testing the
> sample http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/xsp/java/cacheable which it
> throw a NullPointerException when it tried to compile the XPS.
>
> With that version the exception is gone and the page is generated.
>
> thoughts, please ?

Hi Carlos,
I tried as you explain above and got exactly the same results: only
found this updated JAR [1], but the error is the same.

However, I have found these places [2] [3] from which the version
reported above can be downloaded.
I have opened COCOON-2344 [4] and provided a patch with which the XSP
sample above is working (checked  with OpenJDK 6 / 7 / 8).
I have not committed the fix because I have no mean to check if
everything is working with Java 4 / 5 and also if other XSP features are
affected.

Can anyone please double check and confirm if the proposed patch can be
committed?

Regards.

[1]
http://central.maven.org/maven2/eclipse/jdtcore/3.2.0.v_658/jdtcore-3.2.0.v_658.jar