cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <>
Subject Re: COCOON3-126, xslt cache
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 09:38:11 GMT
Hi Jos,

the most important thing is IMHO having the XSLT transformer
dependencies-less as much as we can - I suggest to define a "cache"
interface (with a basic implementation) provided to XSLT transformer
(via constructor), then users are free to use whatever implementation
they need/prefer.

Having a default implementation would be a strict constraint, while
users should be able to plug their integration module depending to
their use case.

Does it sound reasonable?

I have ~0 spare cycles to OSS ATM, but I promise to have a look at
your patch during the WE, so I can at least provide you more

Have a nice day, all the best!

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Jos Snellings
<> wrote:
> Hi Francesco et al,
> I proposed a patch for COCOON3-126, on the configurability of using an LRU
> cache for
> xslt transformations. I am not too happy with it though.
> I would like to have a member function to set "isCacheEnabled", or to set
> this at setup.
> However, the resource is loaded in the constructor.
> Would it be better to add a boolean "isCacheEnabled' to a constructor,
> leaving the default
> to "yes"?
> What do you think?
> Kind regards,
> Jos
> --
> We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is
> in it - and stay there, lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot
> stove-lid.  She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid again - and that
> is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one any more.
>         -- Mark Twain

View raw message