cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Your Gump Build(s)
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 07:58:27 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> > David Crossley wrote:
> > >
> > >Reminder to the Cocoon project:
> > >
> > >We have a number of Gump builds:
> > >See http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/metadata/project/
> > >for the "cocoon" entries.
> > >
> > >For example, the output from the vmgump machine is here:
> > >http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/cocoon3/
> > >and
> > >http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/cocoon/ for c2.2
> > >(IIRC then cocoon-2.1 is "packaged" rather than built.)
> > >
> > >The metadata for each Cocoon "project" probably
> > >needs some care and attention from us.
> >
> > Hi David,
> > I am not familiar with Gump at all, but at least for Cocoon 3 [1] and
> > Cocoon 2.1 [2] we have Jenkins jobs defined.
>
> Gump is very different. See Stefan's message below.
>
> I reckon that both are useful in different ways.

This is the description from their home page:
"Gump is unique in that it builds and compiles software against the latest development versions
of those projects. This allows gump to detect potentially incompatible changes to that software
just a few hours after those changes are checked into the version control system."

and from their Board reports:
"Apache Gump is a cross-project continuous integration server. Gump's intention isn't so much
to be a CI server but rather a vehicle that makes people look beyond their project's boundaries
and helps the projects to collaborate."

-David