cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathaniel, Alfred" <Alfred.Nathan...@six-group.com>
Subject RE: Doubt about file upload in Cocoon 2.2
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 08:49:05 GMT
Hi Miguel,

In a file upload request, there is no length indicator which would allow to detect oversized
files immediately.
The file data is embedded with a special multipart encoding in the normal HTTP request stream.
There may be more requests following in the same persistent HTTP connection.
Therefore one is obliged to drain the data from the request stream even for only throwing
it away.

HTH, Alfred.

From: Miguel [mailto:miguel.valencia@juntadeandalucia.es]
Sent: Donnerstag, 6. Juni 2013 14:24
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Doubt about file upload in Cocoon 2.2

Hi

  At present, I work on project based on cocoon 2.2 and I want to use file upload option to
send an email with cocoon. Documentation of cocoon indicates about the parameters:

org.apache.cocoon.uploads.enable=true
org.apache.cocoon.uploads.autosave=true
org.apache.cocoon.uploads.maxsize=10000000

The last parameter is very interesting because limit the size of files to upload the platform,
so I think cocoon would be safe if people try upload ver big files.

I have checked that the MultipartParser java class manage this upload process, but it seems
that the file is readed fully although size of file is higher than parameter maxsize, ┬┐it
is correct this behaviour?

After debugging MultipartParser class, I see the process is:
1) if (oversized) , so if size of file is higher than parameter maxsize, then it is created
object out = new NullOutputStream();
2) stream of file is readed and put into object out, and variable lenght is size of readed
content.
3) if (oversized) then it is created object RejectedPart.

I don't understand because read full file if in this case always it's created RejectedPart
object. it's necesary length variable for RejectedPart object?.

if at the begining of process you know content length of file and this number is higher of
limit then it's better option not read file and create RejectedPart object with length = 0,
isn't it?. Maybe, I don't know source of cocoon fully, and I am wrong.

Issue COCOON-1109<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1109>, is about this
same topic, but is closed because "bug may be invalid".

Anybody can explain me.
thanks

The content of this e-mail is intended only for the confidential use of the person addressed.

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this email immediately.
Thank you.