cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forced Xalan dependency using latest cocoon-maven-plugin
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 12:27:01 GMT
On 27/06/2013 13:34, Javier Puerto wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We started a Cocoon 3 project with some blocks and we need to use
> Saxon for XSLT 2.0 features.
> The problem is with the RCL, we used latest cocoon-maven-plugin
> (1.0.2) but I've noticed that Xalan dependency is always used so my
> XSLT are not working. I've change the version to  1.0.0 then it's
> working OK.
>
> Why is using Xalan if I didn't declare the dependency? Is there a way
> to configure this behaviour?

Hi Javier, I guess this bug was introduced by COCOON-2322, included in
1.0.2 [1]: it seems that the new dynamic injection is injecting too much.

You can take a look at [2] (the getDependencies() method in particular
IIRC) for debugging when Xalan is pulled in.

> PD: I've tested 1.0.3-SNAPSHOT and it's the same problem, not tested
> 1.0.1.

The release history moves from 1.0.0.M3 to 1.0.2, so there is no 1.0.1

> PD2: I've realized that it's not necessary to add the
> TransformerFactory services file because it's included in Saxon library.

Interesting...

Regards.

[1]
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/maven-plugins/maven-plugin/1.0/changes-report.html#a1.0.2