cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Miguel <miguel.valen...@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Doubt about file upload in Cocoon 2.2
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 12:23:41 GMT
Hi

   At present, I work on project based on cocoon 2.2 and I want to use
file upload option to send an email with cocoon. Documentation of cocoon
indicates about the parameters:

org.apache.cocoon.uploads.enable=true
org.apache.cocoon.uploads.autosave=true
org.apache.cocoon.uploads.maxsize=10000000

The last parameter is very interesting because limit the size of files
to upload the platform, so I think cocoon would be safe if people try
upload ver big files.

I have checked that the MultipartParser java class manage this upload
process, but it seems that the file is readed fully although size of
file is higher than parameter maxsize, ┬┐it is correct this behaviour?

After debugging MultipartParser class, I see the process is:
1) if (oversized) , so if size of file is higher than parameter maxsize,
then it is created object out = new NullOutputStream();
2) stream of file is readed and put into object out, and variable lenght
is size of readed content.
3) if (oversized) then it is created object RejectedPart.

I don't understand because read full file if in this case always it's
created RejectedPart object. it's necesary length variable for
RejectedPart object?.

if at the begining of process you know content length of file and this
number is higher of limit then it's better option not read file and
create RejectedPart object with length = 0, isn't it?. Maybe, I don't
know source of cocoon fully, and I am wrong.

Issue COCOON-1109 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1109>,
is about this same topic, but is closed because "bug may be invalid".

Anybody can explain me.
thanks