cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to update 2.1 website ?
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 07:52:17 GMT
On 19/03/2013 21:10, Cédric Damioli wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> While waiting for 2.1.12 to upload to mirrors, I wanted to prepare the
> web site update.
> I've read [1] and [2] but don't know what to do now ...
> I don't know anything to forrest and daisy, nor to the Cocoon zone :)

The Cocoon Zone [3] does not contain anything but samples from C2.1 /
C2.2 / C3.

> I could certainly commit index.html and news.html by replacing
> "2.1.11" by "2.1.12" but I don't know how to re-generate e.g. changes.html

[4] seems to be generated by something similar to the Maven Changes
Plugin [5], so it will need some effort anyway.

> What do you think we should do ?
> Leave as is and don't try to re-generate anything ? Try to start daisy
> again ?

My opinion: manually edit [4] and replace the 2.1.12 section with the
HTML output from [6].

Besides the C2.1 web site update, it is also urgently needed to announce
the release by (a) updating Cocoon website homepage and (b) sending an
e-mail to (at least) announce@apache.org / users@cocoon.apache.org. See
[7] for a text example (I would just link the changes.html page from
there, though).

I am available to help with such things, if you need.

Regards.

> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonWebsiteUpdate
> [2] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/81763
[3] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/