cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Releasing 2.1.12
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 09:04:06 GMT
On 27/02/2013 22:55, Cédric Damioli wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It seems there remains only one open issue, COCOON-2333, related to
> dependencies upgrade.

With r1451136 I have enabled the generation of .md5 and .sha1 for dist
packages, required by [4]: please check it to confirm that it is working
correctly.
The .asc files will also need to be generated, but I haven't found an
easy way to to this via ANT, hence I guess we have no option but the
manual way, e.g.

$ gpg --armor --output cocoon-2.1.12-src.zip.asc --detach-sig
cocoon-2.1.12-src.zip
$ gpg --armor --output cocoon-2.1.12-src.tar.gz.asc --detach-sig
cocoon-2.1.12-src.tar.gz
$ gpg --armor --output cocoon-2.1.12-deps.zip.asc --detach-sig
cocoon-2.1.12-deps.zip
$ gpg --armor --output cocoon-2.1.12-deps.tar.gz.asc --detach-sig
cocoon-2.1.12-deps.tar.gz

I urge to note that the release manager for 2.1.12 will also need to be
sure that his own key is contained in [5].

> David, Francesco, others, are we ok with current dependencies?
> Some dependencies are obviously not on their latest versions, but
> IMHO, trying to upgrade all jars would be too long, and users may
> still upgrade one library if needed. What do you think?

We have recently turned all the "To be done" statements from [6] into
"Done", hence If no specific limitations and / or bugs are known
affecting the current versions of dependencies, I see no reason for keep
waiting.

I'd create the release 2.1.13 on JIRA, move COCOON-2333 there and start
the release process for 2.1.12.

Regards.

[4] http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html
[5] http://www.apache.org/dist/cocoon/KEYS