cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: REST view and weird error
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 15:36:47 GMT
On 26/02/2013 15:25, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On 02/26/2013 03:21 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:

>>> Actually you can see it if you start the cocoon-sample block and request
>>> http://localhost:8888/controller/abc/foo?reqparam=1
>>>

>>> SLF4J: Failed toString() invocation on an object of type
>>> [java.util.HashMap]
>>> java.lang.StackOverflowError
>>>       at
>>> java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(AbstractStringBuilder.java:631)
>>>       at java.lang.StringBuilder.append(StringBuilder.java:224)
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.cocoon.configuration.MutableSettings.toString(MutableSettings.java:312)
>>>
>>>       at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2902)
>>>
>>> It actually happens in STRenderer
>>> [...]
>> Hi Thorsten,
>> as you have already found, the problem is the "cocoon" entry in the
>> sitemap's ObjectModel, always passed among parameters.
>>
>> I have been able to actually print the content of the "cocoon" entry
>> via common-collection's MapUtils:
>>
>>                  if (entry.getValue() instanceof Map) {
>>                      MapUtils.verbosePrint(System.out, null, parameters);
>>                  } else {
>>                      System.out.println(entry.getValue());
>>                  }
>>
>> I am about to commit a fix for the issue in STRenderer you've reported
>> above based on the usage of MapUtils#verbosePrint()
> Nice you are a "monstruo".

Hem, guess you mean "mostro" (a.k.a. monster) - I'll take as a
compliment ;-)

Anyway as per r1450217 the StackOverflowError is removed from STRenderer.

> Let us see whether that gets rid of the redundant data as well.

I've been exploring a bit the various call and I think that this
duplication might be generated when intra-pipeline calls (e.g.
"servlet:/") are issued.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò