cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: REST view and weird error
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 14:21:38 GMT
On 26/02/2013 13:43, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On 02/25/2013 02:10 PM, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>> Passing pipeline parameter as attribute: key=cocoon, value=[FAILED
>> toString()]
>>
>> in MessageFormatter.arrayFormat.
>>
>> still investigating
>>
>> salu2
>>
> Actually you can see it if you start the cocoon-sample block and request
> http://localhost:8888/controller/abc/foo?reqparam=1
>

> SLF4J: Failed toString() invocation on an object of type [java.util.HashMap]
> java.lang.StackOverflowError
>      at
> java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(AbstractStringBuilder.java:631)
>      at java.lang.StringBuilder.append(StringBuilder.java:224)
>      at
> org.apache.cocoon.configuration.MutableSettings.toString(MutableSettings.java:312)
>      at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2902)
>
> It actually happens in STRenderer
> [...]

Hi Thorsten,
as you have already found, the problem is the "cocoon" entry in the
sitemap's ObjectModel, always passed among parameters.

I have been able to actually print the content of the "cocoon" entry via
common-collection's MapUtils:

                 if (entry.getValue() instanceof Map) {
                     MapUtils.verbosePrint(System.out, null, parameters);
                 } else {
                     System.out.println(entry.getValue());
                 }

I am about to commit a fix for the issue in STRenderer you've reported
above based on the usage of MapUtils#verbosePrint()

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/