cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com>
Subject REST view and weird error
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 09:13:05 GMT
Hi all,

in one view of a REST service of mine I get:

SLF4J: Failed toString() invocation on an object of type [java.util.HashMap]
java.lang.StackOverflowError
    at
java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(AbstractStringBuilder.java:639)
    at java.lang.StringBuilder.append(StringBuilder.java:224)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.configuration.MutableSettings.toString(MutableSettings.java:312)
    at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2902)
    at java.lang.StringBuilder.append(StringBuilder.java:128)
    at java.util.AbstractMap.toString(AbstractMap.java:523)
    at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2902)

where the last 3 lines will repeat a lot till the end.

I am doing:

    @Override
    public RestResponse doGet() throws Exception {
        HashMap<String, Object> data = new HashMap<String, Object>();
        data.put("properties", getProps());
        return new URLResponse(VIEW, data);
    }

where getProps() basically is a helper for getting
this.settings.getProperties.

As soon I do return new URLResponse(VIEW) the error is gone.

I have the standard logging activated (via rcl-config), using jetty:run
and no override for es.codebusters.droids.rest.DroidsInvoker in my
logback.xml

<root>
        <level value="WARN"/>
        <appender-ref ref="CORE"/>
    </root>

Any ideas?

salu2

--
Thorsten Scherler <scherler.at.gmail.com>
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems

http://www.codebusters.es/