cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Releasing 2.1.12
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 10:40:14 GMT
On 22/01/2013 07:26, David Crossley wrote:
> Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
>> Cédric Damioli wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> AFAIK the same 3 issues are still opened. Could you give me a hint
>>> about the src/bin split?
>> COCOON-2330 - Could you please tell me (again) how to generate the
>> source and deps packages from SVN? Thanks.
> Do "./build.sh dist".
>
> There will also need to be different NOTICE and LICENSE
> files for each package.

Adding this as comment to COCOON-2330 - let's move this discussion there.

>>> Apart, there's the David issue about upgrading all dependencies. I
>>> don't know the status of it.
>> COCOON-2333 - According to [2], there are still few deps to check. I
>> remember I've asked David about how to contribute on this an he said
>> something like "update the JAR file an browse if samples still work"
> See a few messages above on this list. There is more to it
> than that, e.g. tweak lib/jars.xml file, do the build (which does
> have some code tests), review the relevant samples, etc.
>
> Also the issue is about "some" dependencies, not "all".
> For example FOP, Batik, etc. would be good if possible.

Fine, I think I've found again such information at [3]; added this also
as comment to COCOON-2333 - let's move this discussion there.

>>> And also an samples issue reopened by David. I don't know either what
>>> to do with it.
>> COCOON-2069 - David, what should we do with this?
> See my issue comment. I made a workaround to fix the cause
> of the new misconfiguration which had broken the build for
> everyone. It seems that the original patch must have included
> some parts of some extra stuff (WSRP). I reckon forget it and
> just leave the workaround in-place.

I've read your comment in COCOON-2069 and replied there recently: could
you please take a look and reply? Thanks.

Regards.

>> [2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/misc/notes/review-jars.txt
[3]
http://markmail.org/message/ijmy6nzd2k4yzghn#query:+page:1+mid:dbsylujycgit224q+state:results