cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2.12 Release: Additions to COCOON-2333 (list of current jars)
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 08:33:03 GMT
On 12/12/2012 05:12, David Crossley wrote:
> insight49@gmail.com wrote:
>> Here are some additions to COCOON-2333 (list of current jar files). I'm also attaching
a .txt file in case that's easier to use.

>> Is the plan to upgrade the code to use the newer jar versions for the 2.12 release?
> Thanks, I will add some of your notes to the list.
>
> The intention was to gather some information about some of the important ones. If necessary
or desirable, then we could possibly upgrade some. However there would need to be other Cocoon
committers to assist with that.

If you can point me to some procedure to test whether everything is
working (if it was Maven I would have known how to do this check) when
upgrading some JAR dependency file, I could provide some assistance.

> IIUC, then Cocoon-2.1 will need to remain at a limited low version of Java. So that will
restrict which jars can
> be upgraded, and to what version of their product.

Agreed: 2.1.12 is a bugfix version - coming after years! - and its scope
could not interfere with Java version.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò