cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2.12 Release: Additions to COCOON-2333 (list of current jars)
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 12:13:22 GMT
Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >insight49@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> >>Here are some additions to COCOON-2333 (list of current jar files). I'm
> >>also attaching a .txt file in case that's easier to use.
> >>
> >>Is the plan to upgrade the code to use the newer jar versions for the
> >>2.12 release?
> >
> >Thanks, I will add some of your notes to the list.
> >
> >The intention was to gather some information about some of the important
> >ones. If necessary or desirable, then we could possibly upgrade some.
> >However there would need to be other Cocoon committers to assist with that.
>
> If you can point me to some procedure to test whether everything is
> working (if it was Maven I would have known how to do this check) when
> upgrading some JAR dependency file, I could provide some assistance.

The lib/jars.xml file explains where each jar is used, e.g. which block,
or perhaps core too. So doing ./build.sh to compile and run whatever
code tests are included, then ./cocoon.sh and exercise the relevant Sample.

> >IIUC, then Cocoon-2.1 will need to remain at a limited low version of
> >Java. So that will restrict which jars can
> >be upgraded, and to what version of their product.
>
> Agreed: 2.1.12 is a bugfix version - coming after years! - and its scope
> could not interfere with Java version.

The Cocoon-2.1 README.txt says Java 1.3

However for example this is already in our C-2.1 SVN:
lib/optional/xmlgraphics-commons-1.3.1.jar
and version 1.3 is the first to require Java 1.4
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/commons/#news-2008-06-11

-David