cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robby Pelssers <Robby.Pelss...@nxp.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Release plan
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2012 10:40:30 GMT
Hi,

Did anyone read any of these OSGI books by any chance?

http://www.manning.com/hall/
http://www.manning.com/cummins/
http://www.manning.com/alves/

I am interested in buying one of these to get more acquainted and perhaps help out in the
future.

Robby

-----Original Message-----
From: Thorsten Scherler [mailto:scherler@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2012 10:43 PM
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Release plan

On 11/12/2012 10:25 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> =================
>
> My questions now are:
>
>  1. Would you agree with the above drafted release plan?

Yes, with a 2.1 release, since I recall there had been a couple of changes.

>  2. If so, who is available to help with these tasks? Consider that
> documentation tasks are an easier way to contribute to the project
> even without development skills.

In 2002 I started exactly in this project with documentation. The initial purpose of cocoon
was to generate consistence documentation for java.apache.org meaning to write some cocoon
docs (esp. c3) be sure you pop onto our watch list.

> If you've been using C3 and appreciate this, please don't deny your
> help: we really need it!

c3 is really missing helping hands. I would love to get some cocoon veterans reactivated again
especially for the OSGI re-factoring that we need to do in the future.  This project is as
old as the ASF itself and we have a long list of prime ASF member contributing to this project.
However I understand that we all only have very limited time.

...but for everyone that is reading this and like the idea of cocoon please help with

- constructive discussions and giving the helping hand on the ml
- documentation
- testing and bug fixing
- integrating c3 in your project

salu2
PS thanks Francesco for starting this and it had been a pleasure to meet you in person.

--
Thorsten Scherler <scherler.at.gmail.com> codeBusters S.L. - web based systems <consulting,
training and solutions>

http://www.codebusters.es/