cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Cédric Damioli <cdami...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Releasing 2.1.12
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 00:35:02 GMT
Hi,

Le 18/11/2012 18:35, Francesco Chicchiriccò a écrit :
> Hi all (but Cédric in particular),
> by looking at JIRA [1] it seems that quite a considerable number of
> issues have been fixed since 2.1.11 (31) even though some are still
> standing (11+2).
>
> Following our recent discussion in another thread, I have some
> questions to Cédric (and other C2.1 devs, if there are...):
>
>  1. Do you think that the the 13 outstanding issues can be moved to
> 2.1.13 or there are some that need to be absolutely included in 2.1.12?
3 of them were opened by myself before gaining committership. [1] [2] [3]
I could have closed them already, but was waiting for others' approval.
I don't know if someone has something to say about them ...

The 10 others issues are more than 2 years old

There are also 74 issues with no "fix for" version (29 with a patch
included) but affecting a 2.1.x version

We should maybe ask 2.1 users if there are particular issues they want
to be fixed before cutting a 2.1.12 ?

>  2. Is the release process clear to you? If not, who (maybe active in
> the past) can provide some hint?
Not really.
I think there was once a page written by Carsten describing the release
process, but I can't find it anymore.

>  3. Do you need any help in the release process? If so, who is
> available to help? I am, even though I don't remember pretty anything
> of C2.1...
Yes please :)
It would be great if 2 or 3 people other than me could try to run unit
tests and run samples.
Almost 5 years after the 2.1.11, I also don't remember all blocks, it
would be great to also have feedbacks from users of some specific blocks.

>  4. Considering the questions above, when do you think we can start
> releasing 2.1.12?
Depending if we try to gather some feedbacks from devs and users or not,
it could be quite fast, say in the next few days.
But 5 years after, we can afford one or two more weeks if needed :)

> Thanks for info.
> Regards.
>
> [1]
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON/fixforversion/12312903#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aversion-issues-panel