cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release plan
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 10:32:12 GMT
On 12/11/2012 11:17, Robby Pelssers wrote:
> Hi Francesco,
>
> Sounds like a good plan to me. We should make sure that all open tasks are JIRA tickets
and we should have on our front page listed which tickets are in scope for 3.0.0 release.
 (perhaps also with status). And if possible a target release date ;-)

Ok, but this sounds like an answer only for question (1) below; what
about the other question? ;-)

> This will give everyone a clear overview and a focus what to work on.  And maybe we can
discuss internally in what order the tickets should be resolved in order to work efficiently.

Fair enough.

Regards.

(but also missing updates for C2.2).

> =================
>
> About C2.2.1, there is an outstanding request by Thorsten [2] asking for support on releasing
the C2.2.X series.
> This means we could do this with no code effort: we just need someone either acting as
RM or supporting Thorsten (I guess) as RM.

> =================
>
> About C3, we *really* need to provide a stable release in the near
> future: the last official release is still alpha and, even though most of us are running
latest SNAPSHOTs in production environment, we cannot ask this to end-users.

> AFAICT, the major outstanding issues that need to be solved before attempting to release
3.0.0-beta-1 (and after this a 3.0.0 release) are related to:

>  * caching: COCOON3-30 / COCOON3-100 - an imperfect solution was implemented for COCOON3-61
(which actually needs some additional fixing I am going to provide in the next two weeks for
a customer) that can be applied to COCOON3-100 as well; I'd rather move COCOON3-30 (and other
caching improvements) to C3 3.0.1

>  * problems running >2 C3 webapps in the same container (COCOON3-107):
> together with Javier and Thorsten, during hackaton at latest ApacheCon EU 2012, we have
probably found a way to fix this but performed no implementation yet

> We have also other stuff [3] but I'd move any other issue to either 3.0.X or 3.1.0.
>
> Finally, we have some outstanding proposals for improving the pipeline APIs from Simone
[4] and Reinhard [5]: I'd push this anyway to C3 3.1.0.

> In addition to the code issues above, we need to improve and finish the documentation
[6], still plenty of 'TBW' and javadocs (COCOON3-92); I would take these as blockers for 3.0.0,
but not for 3.0.0-beta-1.

> My questions now are:
>
>  1. Would you agree with the above drafted release plan?
>
>  2. If so, who is available to help with these tasks? Consider that documentation tasks
are an easier way to contribute to the project even without development skills.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/