cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Releasing 2.1.12
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 07:18:12 GMT
In the past releases of Cocoon-2.1, we included the relevant versions
of all supporting product dependencies. That is okay as a convenience.

However we need to provide a source code package which does not contain
those external JAR files, and conduct our release vote against that package.
Then we can construct other convenience packages for distribution.

Forrest got into the same situation. Here is some background and
links to other discussion:
http://s.apache.org/mCW
We solved the immediate situation but still need to adjust our build system.

The Cocoon-2.1 Apache Ant build system should be reasonably easy to tweak
to create separate packages.

-David