Hi all,

I had working for an introduction talk about cocoon and I want lo leave the github link. The presentation is in Spanish because was for the http://barcampspain.com/ and http://www.congresohispanoluso.com/en/. Comes with examples made with cocoon 3.0 parsing a F1 sport webpage and serve the contents in different formats. If you are interested I can translate the presentation to English (examples and code are in English).

Link: https://github.com/jpuerto/barcampes2012-cocoon

Working on the presentation I did a proof of concept creating an Apache Tika generator. It's working but needs to enable caching and add the proper test cases and samples. If you are interested, I can finish it and commit changes.

While I was working with cocoon at work time I started a OptimizerTransformer but I've found that IncludeTransformer is not cacheable so I worked first to get it cacheable (COCOON3-100)
The transformer development is just at the beginning but before I continue to work with it I want your opinion. The idea is to use YUI compressor (BSD license) and define a custom language to define the static resources as CSS and JS. The transformer should review the resources, respect the order, compress the files and create optimized resources in a given path (to serve from Apache HTTPD with mod_cache and different domain). As this operation has a high cost, the transformer must control if the resource files changed. Finally, the transformer will place the proper tag with the URL for optimized static resources.

WDYT? maybe there's better solutions (I know google HTTPD mod_pagespeed but it's always in beta state). The advantage is that you don't need to define everything at build time, with maven plugin for example so you can organize your static resources like you want (no one big file for all). On the other hand it has a high processor cost, but caching should minimize it.

I didn't had time to work in Apache Cocoon 3.0 caching system since a couple of months ago. Recently, I had to switch the project and ATM I'm not working directly with cocoon. I want to take a closer look to the caching system when I can get some free time (COCOON3-30 and fragment caching), probably at December. Anyway, I will try to help in the mailing list and make some contributions like described above.

I hope to see you soon in the ApacheCon,
Salu2.