cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robby Pelssers <Robby.Pelss...@nxp.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon presentation link and questions about new contributions
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 08:48:50 GMT
Hi Javier,

I'm intrigued of course and I would like to know a little more about your demo project.  But
I'm sure I don't fully understand what is exactly the use case you solved.  I can perhaps
explain how we use Cocoon (2.2) at my customer and you can explain what is the difference:

-          Search forms interfacing with XMLDB / Alfresco services / Custom Webservice(s)
showing aggregated content  (http://lagivan.blogspot.nl/2011/11/dynamicreports-and-cocoon-integration.html)

-          Transforming XML content into DITA maps / topics with XSLT and use integrated DITA
toolkit to generate NXP datasheets.  It's a matter of previewing / generating and publishing
the datasheet to Alfresco now. E.g. http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/PH3330L.pdf

-          Generate DITA content for automated translation into multiple languages

-          Data conversions between [CSV , XML, JSON, RDF, RDBMS, XMLDB]

I would argue that we've been able to almost do everything using the Cocoon framework but
we also face time constraints to make the move to C3.  Back to my original question now ;-)

So you have some input which you transform and serve in different formats.   Can you shortly
describe how this is done?  In fact we already use two different approaches (DITA toolkit
and dynamic reports).  But I'm pretty sure you are taking a different approach.

Robby