cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Javier Puerto <jav...@apache.org>
Subject Re: map:mount
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 13:58:57 GMT
Hi Jos

2012/9/25 Jos Snellings <jos.snellings@upperware.biz>

> Dear all,
>
> Considering the upgrade cost of an existing project to cocoon-3,

You have to bear in mind that it's still in beta and there's some
components that's are not migrated yet but we have one production site
working with Apache Cocoon 3.

> I have the following question:
>
> what happened to map:mount?

Was deprecated for 2.2.x version.

> As in:
>  <map:match pattern="**">
>         <map:mount src="residuary-treatment.xmap" check-reload="no"
> uri-prefix="" />
>  </map>
>
> It was a handy modularity mechanism to reduce the size of sitemaps.
>
> Is it no longer there?
> Do we need it? Do we want it?

For Apache Cocoon 2.2.x and 3.0, the "block" is the new unit of
modularization. You can see some examples here:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1291_1_1.html

It's based on Servlet Service Framework subproject. More info here:
http://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/servlet-service/servlet-service-impl/architecture.html

> Kind regards,
> Jos

Salu2.