Hi everyone,

while working with Fleet FYI we have noticed that the reporting process uses the RoamTimestampPrintPolicy currentTimeZone to determine how times are specified and displayed on reports. Given how this works, as a result the times zones associated with time parameters on reports are always with respect to GMT (essentially hard coded). For our users, I'd like to change the report processor to pick up the time zone of the user creating the report. Given some of the changes that Fleet FYI would like to see I am eventually going to have to create a new set of report pages specifically for them.  I can do that now, and make this new behavior specific to those pages, or I can make the current reporting pages pick up this behavior and worry about the changes specific to Fleet FYI later on.  So I guess the question is, will changing to using the User Time zone settings on the reporting pages be too big of change for existing customers or would this be something they would like to see? A third option would be to add a Customer or User level setting that said whether to use the user time zone on reports, and then if it is set to true, switch to the new behavior.  However, it's not clear that this level of configuration can be picked up when the reports are run.
Thanks for any thoughts anyone might have,
Peter Hunsberger
Vice President Systems,
Phone: 678-597-4229 Fax: 678-563-0016 Skype: peter.hunsberger
RWfullcolor150ppi.png
http://www.roamworks.com

ROAMWORKS FZ LLC, Office 111/110, Building 14, Dubai Internet City, P.O. Box 500229, Dubai, UAE, Tel: +971-4-3900270, Fax: +971-4-3908521

ROAMWORKS Research & Development GmbH, Poppelsdorfer Allee 114, 53115 BonnGermany, Tel: +49-228-965769-0, Fax: +49-228-965769-29

ROAMWORKS U.S.A. Inc. 11555 Medlock Bridge Road, Suite 100DuluthGeorgia 30097, USATel: +1-678-597-4229, Fax  +1-678-563-0016

Confidentiality Notice from ROAMWORKS

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at ROAMWORKS or email this message to postmaster@roamworks.com immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.