cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Hunsberger <peter.hunsber...@roamworks.com>
Subject Timezones on reports
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 20:35:05 GMT
Hi everyone,

while working with Fleet FYI we have noticed that the reporting process
uses the RoamTimestampPrintPolicy currentTimeZone to determine how times
are specified and displayed on reports. Given how this works, as a result
the times zones associated with time parameters on reports are always with
respect to GMT (essentially hard coded). For our users, I'd like to change
the report processor to pick up the time zone of the user creating the
report. Given some of the changes that Fleet FYI would like to see I am
eventually going to have to create a new set of report pages specifically
for them.  I can do that now, and make this new behavior specific to those
pages, or I can make the current reporting pages pick up this behavior and
worry about the changes specific to Fleet FYI later on.  So I guess the
question is, will changing to using the User Time zone settings on the
reporting pages be too big of change for existing customers or would this
be something they would like to see? A third option would be to add a
Customer or User level setting that said whether to use the user time zone
on reports, and then if it is set to true, switch to the new behavior.
 However, it's not clear that this level of configuration can be picked up
when the reports are run.

Thanks for any thoughts anyone might have,

Peter Hunsberger

Vice President Systems,
*Phone: 678-597-4229Fax: 678-563-0016
Skype: peter.hunsberger*

[image: RWfullcolor150ppi.png]

http://www.roamworks.com

 <http://www.roamworks.com/>

**

ROAMWORKS FZ LLC, Office 111/110, Building 14, Dubai Internet City,
P.O. Box 500229, Dubai, UAE, Tel: +971-4-3900270, Fax: +971-4-3908521

ROAMWORKS Research & Development GmbH, Poppelsdorfer Allee 114, 53115 ****
Bonn**, **Germany****, Tel: +49-228-965769-0, Fax: +49-228-965769-29

*ROAMWORKS U.S.A. Inc. 11555 Medlock Bridge Road, Suite 100, Duluth, Georgia
 30097, USA, Tel: +1-678-597-4229, Fax  +1-678-563-0016*

*Confidentiality Notice from ROAMWORKS*****

are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain
recipient, please notify the sender at ROAMWORKS or email this message to
postmaster@roamworks.com immediately and destroy all copies of this message
and any attachments.