cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robby Pelssers <Robby.Pelss...@nxp.com>
Subject some generic questions about dynamicity C3
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 10:21:33 GMT
Hi people,

We have the plan to go cloud with Cocoon (3).   Our old way of working was to embed typical
resources (css/xslt/js/xqueries) into the war itself.  I am currently considering storing
all resources into a database (mysql/...).  Is someone already doing the same?

Besides that, I am wondering if someone already considered some way of having a more dynamic
sitemap. The end goal would be that I would not need to redeploy the app for each sitemap
change.  A few options come to mind:

-          Investigate if we not also can store the sitemap into a db.  Is cocoon really expecting
the sitemap to be at a certain location inside the war?

-          Use a similar approach to Apache servicemix where you can install services (in
our case restful endpoints) on the fly (osgi)

I'm really interested to find out if I'm stepping on unknown territory or if this has been
already done in practice.

Kind regards,
Robby Pelssers