Hi all,

Just wanted to have a short discussion on an issue that I wasted quite some hours on.  Let me first explain that I configured my cocoon block with following two properties as per http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1366_1_1.html :

org.apache.cocoon.containerencoding=UTF-8

org.apache.cocoon.formencoding=UTF-8

Recently I created a form showing pre-populated data from an xquery.  One form field contained the Ohm Ω character and the browser rendered if fine.  But I had to post the data back to the server and the Ohm sign got corrupted.

From firebug I could see following:

descriptiveTitle N-channel 25 V 2.85 mΩ logic level MOSFET in LFPAK using NextPower technology

magCode             R73

specificationStatus          Product

From flowscript:

descriptiveTitle=N-channel 25 V 2.85 mΩ logic level MOSFET in LFPAK using NextPower technology

specificationStatus=Product

magCode=R73

So next I started looking at cocoon sources using URLDecoder and I had a suspicion that NetUtils might be responsible for the issue. But that didn’t seem to be the issue.  I managed to find out that the value I defined for formencoding is not actually used.  The reason is that it also is set in cocoon-core and either it doesn’t get overwritten or the property from cocoon-core is overwriting my own property value.

nxp10009@NXL01262 /c/development/workspaces/cocoon22/trunk/core

$ find . -name *.properties | xargs grep "formencoding"

./cocoon-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/properties/core.properties:org.apache.cocoon.formencoding=ISO-8859-1

So what’s the best way to fix this?