cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robby Pelssers <Robby.Pelss...@nxp.com>
Subject RE: Announcing ongoing releases
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 15:16:46 GMT
Hi Francesco,

I agree that new releases of subprojects are not that interesting to most users. So your proposal
sounds good to me.

Robby

From: Francesco Chicchiricc├▓ [mailto:ilgrosso@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2012 5:08 PM
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Announcing ongoing releases

Hi all,
we have just successfully voted new releases of 6 different subprojects, and I'd like to launch
soon 4 more releases so that, when successful, all subprojects [1] will have a stable release
we can reference from C3 parent POM [2]: this would allow, in the medium run, to discuss whether
to make some C3 milestone releases, as already outlined in some past mail thread.

Now my question is: do you think that we should publicly announce such subprojects releases?
I would say "no", at least not individually, since the functionality of some of them is not
so easy to understand.
Maybe a single announcement for all subprojects - only at the end of this release process
- could be better.

WDYT?

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/subprojects/
[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/trunk/parent/pom.xml