cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robby Pelssers <>
Subject RE: issue with form encoding C2.2
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 11:13:23 GMT
I did found a workaround by the way…

If you add an extra request parameter called cocoon-form-encoding and set it to utf-8 it will

Snippet from

    protected Environment getEnvironment(String uri,
                                         HttpServletRequest req,
                                         HttpServletResponse res)
    throws Exception {

        String formEncoding = req.getParameter("cocoon-form-encoding");
        if (formEncoding == null) {
            formEncoding = this.settings.getFormEncoding();

        HttpEnvironment env;
        env = new HttpEnvironment(uri,
        return env;

From: Robby Pelssers []
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 1:10 PM
Subject: issue with form encoding C2.2

Hi all,

Just wanted to have a short discussion on an issue that I wasted quite some hours on.  Let
me first explain that I configured my cocoon block with following two properties as per

Recently I created a form showing pre-populated data from an xquery.  One form field contained
the Ohm Ω character and the browser rendered if fine.  But I had to post the data back to
the server and the Ohm sign got corrupted.

From firebug I could see following:
descriptiveTitle N-channel 25 V 2.85 mΩ logic level MOSFET in LFPAK using NextPower technology
magCode             R73
specificationStatus          Product

From flowscript:
descriptiveTitle=N-channel 25 V 2.85 mΩ logic level MOSFET in LFPAK using NextPower technology

So next I started looking at cocoon sources using URLDecoder and I had a suspicion that NetUtils
might be responsible for the issue. But that didn’t seem to be the issue.  I managed to
find out that the value I defined for formencoding is not actually used.  The reason is that
it also is set in cocoon-core and either it doesn’t get overwritten or the property from
cocoon-core is overwriting my own property value.

nxp10009@NXL01262 /c/development/workspaces/cocoon22/trunk/core
$ find . -name *.properties | xargs grep "formencoding"

So what’s the best way to fix this?

View raw message