cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Announcing ongoing releases
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 15:08:02 GMT
Hi all,
we have just successfully voted new releases of 6 different subprojects,
and I'd like to launch soon 4 more releases so that, when successful,
all subprojects [1] will have a stable release we can reference from C3
parent POM [2]: this would allow, in the medium run, to discuss whether
to make some C3 milestone releases, as already outlined in some past
mail thread.

Now my question is: do you think that we should publicly announce such
subprojects releases? I would say "no", at least not individually, since
the functionality of some of them is not so easy to understand.
Maybe a single announcement for all subprojects - only at the end of
this release process - could be better.

WDYT?

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/subprojects/
[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/trunk/parent/pom.xml