Dear cocooners,

We use FOP to generate a PDF publication of a thesaurus. Needing cyrillic & greek we have to setup
a user configuration. This is not yet foreseen in the current FOPSerializer.
Yesterday Robby and Ivan were so kind to send me a working Cocoon 2.2 configuration.
This morning, there was room to adapt it to C3.

I suggest that we extend FOPSerializer.java a bit, to include an internal configuration file & resources.:

 public FlopSerializer(String outputFormat, String userConfigurationPath) {
        if (outputFormat == null) {
            throw new IllegalArgumentException("The parameter 'outputFormat' mustn't be null.");
            }

        URL configurationURL = this.getClass().getResource("/COB-INF/" + userConfigurationPath);

        try {
            DefaultConfigurationBuilder cfgBuilder = new DefaultConfigurationBuilder();
            Configuration cfg = cfgBuilder.build(configurationURL.openStream());
            FOP_FACTORY.setUserConfig(cfg);

        this.outputFormat = outputFormat;
    }

This way, we can package our custom configuration and the font in the block jar.

Kind regards,
Jos Snellings

--
The doctrine of human equality reposes on this: that there is no man
really clever who has not found that he is stupid.