cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robby Pelssers <Robby.Pelss...@nxp.com>
Subject RE: Keep archetype synced
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 15:22:22 GMT
Was also thinking about using some kind of xsl transform to generate the archetype pom.  I
will take a look this evening how xml-maven-plugin works.

Robby

-----Original Message-----
From: Thorsten Scherler [mailto:scherler@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:02 PM
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Keep archetype synced

Hi all,

as mentioned in another thread we need to find a way to manage the deps
of the archetype in a less time consuming manner. Somehow we need to get
the parents versions in the deploy of the archetype.

We may want to look into doing some "magic" with

<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
<artifactId>xml-maven-plugin</artifactId>

We used it in sobu to generate the i18n resource files based on xml, so
we could use a archetype base.xml + xsl trans = final pom.xml

This way we only need to keep in sync which deps we need the version
would be taken from the parent.pom.xml.

wdyt?

--
Thorsten Scherler<scherler.at.gmail.com>
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems

http://www.codebusters.es/