cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robby Pelssers <Robby.Pelss...@nxp.com>
Subject how to pass parameters to a service transformer
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 10:15:26 GMT
Hi all,

I've got a question regarding the service transformer.  How do I pass any parameters to the
service?  The demo from get-started page is not clear on this topic.

<map:match pattern="custom-transformation-service/*">
  <map:generate src="service-consumer:"/>
  <map:transform src="xslt/custom_transformer.xslt" type="saxon">
    <map:parameter name="separator" value="{1}"/>
  </map:transform>
  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

<!--
Currently I pass on the parameter by extracting the separator from the match pattern
but is there another way?  First of all i'm asking because i foresee issues in doing it this
way.
 Secondly I see use cases where I need to pass a bunch of parameters and i don't want ugly
match patterns.
Suppose I want to pass on two URL's as parameters, I'm already blocked  with this approach.
-->
<map:match pattern="test-csv-transformer-service">
  <map:generate src="data/testdata.xml"/>
  <map:transform type="servletService">
    <map:parameter name="service" value="servlet:shared:/custom-transformation-service/&#x9;"/>
  </map:transform>
  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

Robby