cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C3] Time to define a roadmap
Date Mon, 21 May 2012 06:58:52 GMT
On 20/05/2012 16:54, Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> On 05/14/2012 09:04 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> it's been quite a while since our latest C3 release (July 1st, 2011)
>> [1]; even though I personally believe we should at least fix some
>> aspects before cutting next release, I also think it would be nice to
>> provide a roadmap for all people - including me - that are already using
>> C3 on some of their own projects.
>>
>> Hence:
>>
>> 1. what will we include in beta-1? Is JIRA updated in this respect [2]?
>> There are quite some other unplanned issues [3].
>> 2. what will we plan after beta-1? beta-2? and afterwards?
>> 3. do we want to consider some milestone release (M1 / M2 / ...)
>> instead, maybe even BEFORE beta-1, so that we can provide some "stable"
>> reference for external project relying upon C3?
>
> IMO the most important missing thing before going beta is supporting
> alternative output types than OutputStream and to get rid of "throws
> Exception" which is actually of no value.
>
> The latter is rather simple to achieve, the first change needs (a lot
> of) more work, especially regarding caching. Steven and I have started
> to work on a proposal for dynamic output types but we haven't had
> enough time yet to commit it to the whiteboard and write a proposal
> email.

Reinhard, I see your point: do you think it would be possible to release
something like a milestone in the meanwhile? We would be able, in this
way, to either not yet fall into beta and to provide C3 users out there
with a rather "stable" reference for their projects.

WDYT?

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò