cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: c3 caching
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 13:34:20 GMT
On 05/02/2012 12:45 PM, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to implement caching in our app. Since most of the
> components of c3 are not cache-able yet we are trying to use
> "expires". However to be forced to set a "expires-cache-key" is a
> complete show stopper, since it forces us to nearly put each match in
> a pipeline tag.
>
> Further wildcard matches are not possible to cache this way since the
> "expires-cache-key" needs to contain the wildcard to be unique,
> otherwise you will get the first cached doc.
>
> Any thoughts on it?

I mean

<map:pipeline expires="2" expires-cache-key="some-key">
<map:match pattern="expires/caching-pipeline/on">
<map:generate type="timestamp-noncaching" />
<map:serialize type="xml" />
</map:match>
</map:pipeline>

is fine but if I need

<map:pipeline expires="200" expires-cache-key="myKey">
<map:match pattern="expires/**">
<map:generate src="{map:1}" />
<map:serialize type="xml" />
</map:match>
</map:pipeline>

Then expires/xxx will return the same as expires/666 in case the latest
come in the expire range. What is the c3 way to configure caching?

salu2

--
Thorsten Scherler<scherler.at.gmail.com>
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems

http://www.codebusters.es/