cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robby Pelssers <Robby.Pelss...@nxp.com>
Subject RE: using proxy from flowscript in Cocoon2.2
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 12:59:49 GMT
Hi Andre,

Looks like you missed my last email stating I already used JSONP as well in the past. But
JSONP is only as good as it gets because "The trick is that the parameters are included as
query parameters in the url, and the response is a JSON message wrapped in a callback function."
  One of the reasons I sometimes use POST is because the querystring might be too large.
JSONP suffers the same problem and is in my opinion only nice if you want to make a simple
crossdomain GET request.

So in reply on your proposals.  I already considered

-          Plain AJAX call  (does not work cross-domain)

-          JSONP  (does work cross-domain but only supports using querystring)

So that leaves me with creating some proxy service which brings me back to my original question
;-)

Robby

From: Andre Juffer [mailto:andre.juffer@oulu.fi]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 2:49 PM
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: using proxy from flowscript in Cocoon2.2

On 04/16/2012 03:34 PM, Robby Pelssers wrote:
Hi Andre,

Thx for the link but I'm pretty confident with client side techniques actually.  I've used
AJAX a lot in the past using YUI and even blogged about this http://robbypelssers.blogspot.com/2010/11/yui-3-transaction-management-simplified.html.
  I'm equally familiar with JSONP but you might have missed the point that I need to do a
cross-domain post or get?!  YUI even offers some functionality using flash to make cross-domain
requests but I don't want go down that path to be honest.

OK, another attempt:

http://dojotoolkit.org/documentation/tutorials/1.7/jsonp/

No flash required. Dojo does not require flash at all. Pure javascript and all very straightforward
(at least in my opinion). There is some learning of course, but if you are not in a hurry,
it is worthwhile to spent some time.

Note: the link above and the previous refer to 'beginners' pages, but of course I did not
think you are a beginner.

Robby