2012/3/2 Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgrosso@apache.org>
On 01/03/2012 18:41, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we are using the i18n transformer in our app but now we need to add
> xhtml tags in the resource bundle. However I tried with
>
> message.test2 = This is "<h2>message.test3</h2>"
> message.test3 = This is "&lt;h2&gt;message.test4&lt;/h2&gt;"
>
> but the problem is that is does not get parsed correctly.
>
> Can it be that our c3 transformer does not support that ATM?

Hi Thorsten,
I think that the usage you report above was never tried with C3
I18NTransformer; anyway, do you think it's correct to include markup in
a language catalog? Would this mean that markup is language-dependent?

In JSTL resource bundle tags (spring:message, fmt:message) you often have options to not XML-escape the properties. It's cleaner to separate the markup from the message, but sometimes it can be a PITA when to comes to an introduction text with a list or some <bold> for 1 word in a sentence which order can depend on the language.

Jasha