cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jasha Joachimsthal <j.joachimst...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: c3 - I18nTransformer and xhtml markup in properties
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 17:16:32 GMT
2012/3/2 Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgrosso@apache.org>

> On 01/03/2012 18:41, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > we are using the i18n transformer in our app but now we need to add
> > xhtml tags in the resource bundle. However I tried with
> >
> > message.test2 = This is "<h2>message.test3</h2>"
> > message.test3 = This is "&lt;h2&gt;message.test4&lt;/h2&gt;"
> >
> > but the problem is that is does not get parsed correctly.
> >
> > Can it be that our c3 transformer does not support that ATM?
>
> Hi Thorsten,
> I think that the usage you report above was never tried with C3
> I18NTransformer; anyway, do you think it's correct to include markup in
> a language catalog? Would this mean that markup is language-dependent?

In JSTL resource bundle tags (spring:message, fmt:message) you often have
options to not XML-escape the properties. It's cleaner to separate the
markup from the message, but sometimes it can be a PITA when to comes to an
introduction text with a list or some <bold> for 1 word in a sentence which
order can depend on the language.

Jasha