cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Javier Puerto <jpue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: c3: null pointer exception in ResponseHeaderCollector.isModifiedResponse
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2012 11:07:57 GMT
El 31 de marzo de 2012 00:52, Lars Huttar <lars_huttar@sil.org> escribió:

>  On 3/30/2012 12:32 PM, Javier Puerto wrote:
>

> El 28 de marzo de 2012 16:52, Lars Huttar <lars_huttar@sil.org> escribió:
>
>> On 3/28/2012 3:11 AM, Javier Puerto wrote:
>>
>>> Lars, to be easier to download your sample I think that is better if you
>>> do a "mvn clean" first to avoid all the  maven generated stuff also if you
>>> create a .zip file with all the stuff it could be better.
>>>

>>  Javier,
>> I did a "mvn clean" in "theParent" folder, and also in the child
>> "ethnologue-17-pub" (block) folder.
>> I then zipped up the whole "theParent" tree, and put it at
>> http://www.huttar.net/tmp/c3/theParent.7z
>> (7zip archive).
>>

> Thanks for the job, I was be able to download and deploy in 5m. ;)
> I've tested on Linux with the same error so I've inspected the
> sitemap.xmap closer and the problems was a missing pipeline declaration:
>
> <map:pipelines>
>     <map:pipeline>
>       <map:match pattern="test.html">
>         <map:read src="test.html" />
>       </map:match>
>     </map:pipeline>
>
>     <map:match
> pattern="generator/languages-in-country/country_id/77/source">
>
> Last matcher is orphan, it must be declared in a pipeline tag, it works as
> expected after the change.
>

> Silly me!
> Though I agree it would be a lot more friendly if C3 could validate the
> xmap and produce a more informative error message.
>
> Then in fixing the sitemap, I made another XML mistake (comments inside
> comments), and got a different error:
>
> ERROR 23069842@qtp-19974377-0 org.apache.cocoon.servlet.XMLSitemapServlet
> - Can't initialize the RequestProcessor correctly.
> org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapBuilder$SitemapBuilderException: Can't
> build sitemap.
>
> followed by an NPE. So yes, sitemap validation would be doubly helpful!
>
> Now the sitemap is *really* fixed, and this pipeline works properly on
> Windows:
>         <map:match
> pattern="generator/{genName}/{paramName}/{value}/source">
>           <map:generate src="generators/{map:genName}.xml" />
>
>           <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>         </map:match>
>
> Hooray!
>

> On the other hand, as of yesterday, in consultation with my customer, we
> have now gone back to Cocoon 2.1.11 for the current project, as C3 was
> evaluated as being too far from achieving stability, especially on Windows.

Yes, the C3 is still at beta stage so It's normal to found some issues. If
you want stability 2.1 or 2.2 is a better choice but I think that C3 is
working fast to reach the stable version. :)
BTW seems to work fine for Windows, at least the samples worked as Robby
pointed so it should not be any problems.
Did you found an specific SO issue?

> However, we are still keeping our eye on C3, so that we can upgrade our
> applications once it is stable.
>

> Thanks for all your work...

Thanks for your feedbak. I've created an issue in JIRA describing the
problem. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON3-95

Salu2