cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: c3: null pointer exception in ResponseHeaderCollector.isModifiedResponse
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 22:52:13 GMT
On 3/30/2012 12:32 PM, Javier Puerto wrote:

> El 28 de marzo de 2012 16:52, Lars Huttar <lars_huttar@sil.org
> <mailto:lars_huttar@sil.org>> escribió:
>
>     On 3/28/2012 3:11 AM, Javier Puerto wrote:
>
>         Lars, to be easier to download your sample I think that is
>         better if you do a "mvn clean" first to avoid all the  maven
>         generated stuff also if you create a .zip file with all the
>         stuff it could be better.
>

>     Javier,
>     I did a "mvn clean" in "theParent" folder, and also in the child
>     "ethnologue-17-pub" (block) folder.
>     I then zipped up the whole "theParent" tree, and put it at
>     http://www.huttar.net/tmp/c3/theParent.7z
>     (7zip archive).
>

> Thanks for the job, I was be able to download and deploy in 5m. ;)
> I've tested on Linux with the same error so I've inspected the
> sitemap.xmap closer and the problems was a missing pipeline declaration:
>
> <map:pipelines>
> <map:pipeline>
> <map:match pattern="test.html">
> <map:read src="test.html" />
> </map:match>
> </map:pipeline>
>
> <map:match pattern="generator/languages-in-country/country_id/77/source">
>
> Last matcher is orphan, it must be declared in a pipeline tag, it
> works as expected after the change.

Silly me!
Though I agree it would be a lot more friendly if C3 could validate the
xmap and produce a more informative error message.

Then in fixing the sitemap, I made another XML mistake (comments inside
comments), and got a different error:

ERROR 23069842@qtp-19974377-0
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.XMLSitemapServlet - Can't initialize the
RequestProcessor correctly.
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapBuilder$SitemapBuilderException: Can't
build sitemap.

followed by an NPE. So yes, sitemap validation would be doubly helpful!

Now the sitemap is *really* fixed, and this pipeline works properly on
Windows:
<map:match pattern="generator/{genName}/{paramName}/{value}/source">
<map:generate src="generators/{map:genName}.xml" />
<map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

Hooray!

On the other hand, as of yesterday, in consultation with my customer, we
have now gone back to Cocoon 2.1.11 for the current project, as C3 was
evaluated as being too far from achieving stability, especially on Windows.
However, we are still keeping our eye on C3, so that we can upgrade our
applications once it is stable.

Thanks for all your work...

Lars