cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: c3: null pointer exception in ResponseHeaderCollector.isModifiedResponse
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 14:49:43 GMT
On 3/28/2012 3:11 AM, Javier Puerto wrote:

> El 28 de marzo de 2012 00:14, Thorsten Scherler <scherler@gmail.com
> <mailto:scherler@gmail.com>> escribió:
>
>     On 03/27/2012 08:47 PM, Lars Huttar wrote:
>
>         Thorsten wrote,
>
>             Hmm, did actually somebody tried c3 on win before?
>
>             I just downloaded the file on a pet project I have and it
>             works without any prob on linux.
>
>             So let us do the clean routine: cd $c3_home svn up mvn
>             clean install cd /c3/theParent mvn clean install cd
>             ethnologue-17-pub/ mvn jetty:run
>
>             Does the error persists? I can remember i came in contact
>             with DataStore, when I created a jms based pipe and did
>             not enter a c3 context, but this is not your case at all.
>

>         I don't actually have a $c3_home envt variable - maybe that
>         was just shorthand? I did a svn up in c:\Program Files\Apache
>         Software Foundation\c3, which is *a* place that I installed
>         C3. I may have installed it in more than one place, and if so,
>         I don't know which place is the relevant one. Is there any way
>         to find out? I also did mvn clean install in that directory.
>
>         Then I went to theParent (which is not under the folder where
>         I did svn up) and did
>         mvn clean install
>         cd ethnologue-17-pub
>         mvn jetty:run
>
>         Yes, the error persists. I get this in the cocoon.log:

>     Javier wrote this morning something that he was on a vm windows
>     and could reproduce the problem. Need to talk to him when he comes
>     into work. Further I will ask our intern to try on windows. Really
>     seems to be a problem with windows. Will keep you informed.
>

> I was configuring a windows developer environment on my new laptop
> until the new Ubuntu LTS is released when I saw your problem. I've
> downloaded and tested your application with:
>
> * Windows 7 x64

FYI I'm using 32-bit Windows 7.

> * Latest Java 1.7

My JAVA_HOME is jdk1.6.0_14 on this desktop. Maybe I need to use a later
JDK?

> * Maven 3.0.4

mvn 3.0.3 for me.

> I can reproduce the problem from cli but I can't import the project
> into Eclipse so I didn't investigate further. The sitemap.xmap looks
> fine so I have to test the samples block for C3 to check if it's a
> common problem.
>
> Lars, did you tested the samples block yet? is it working for you?

Yes, I just tested it again:

cd c3\cocoon-sample
mvn jetty:run

In browser: http://localhost:8888/sax-pipeline/simple
Response:

> Thorsten, did you tested the Lars sample in Linux?
>
> Lars, to be easier to download your sample I think that is better if
> you do a "mvn clean" first to avoid all the  maven generated stuff
> also if you create a .zip file with all the stuff it could be better.

OK I will do this.
Thanks for checking into the problem.

Lars