cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c3] Action how to configure them from the sitemap
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 06:29:33 GMT
On 03/23/2012 12:16 PM, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was trying to use an action instead of a selector, but now I find that
> actions are not providing setConfiguration. Meaning I cannot do
>
> <map:act type="exists" src="resources/screens/{map:../2}.xml">
> <map:parameter name="src" value="resources/screens/{map:../2}.xml" />
> <map:parameter name="isUser" value="{shiro:authenticated}" />
> </map:act>
>
> The first @src is ignored and the map:parameter approach is neither
> working since setConfiguration are not called on actions.
>
> So now my question is how am I suppossed to pass parameters from the
> sitemap to the action?

When we started to work on Cocoon 3 we were not sure whether we should
migrate actions at all since they are often used to introduce some side
effects or to implement logic that should actually become a matcher or
to work around some other limitations that should be solved differently.

Hence I guess

setConfiguration(Map<String, ? extends Object> configuration)

is missing because nobody has needed it yet.

     http://s.apache.org/JCPIsDead       http://s.apache.org/tck-trap