cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c3] sitemap SelectNode has no SELECT_CATEGORY, why?
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 06:14:32 GMT
On 03/23/2012 10:19 AM, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need the exist selector [1] in our project to use it in one general
> match. However I found out that SelectNode has no SELECT_CATEGORY so
> making it impossible to have different types of select.
>
> Is this a design decission or is just TBD?

The reason had been that there was no need for it. I still think that
<map:select value="[expression]"> is powerful enough for all kind of
queries. I think you only have to extend the available object model or
provide an alternative expression language tailored for your use case.

     http://s.apache.org/JCPIsDead       http://s.apache.org/tck-trap