cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Website management [WAS Re: resurrect the Cocoon documentation]
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 09:45:30 GMT
Hi all,
yesterday, while looking at cocoon.zones.apache.org, I've spent some
time at our website, and the e-mail below came into my mind.

I believe we should act in this respect as soon as possible, since our
outdated website is all but attractive and informative: think only that
every page reports "Errors and Improvements? If you see any errors or
potential improvements in this document please help us: View, Edit or
comment on the latest development version (registration required)."
pointing to a non-existing Daisy instance.

Taking the attached e-mail into account, I think we should choose whether:

1. try to resurrect a Daisy instance in our jail - with Betrand's help /
manage somehow 2.1 docs with forrest;

2. use Cocoon to parse existing HTML files (for C2.2 and C2.1) and
generate a bunch of xdoc/apt files that will serve as a basis for
managing a whole maven / svnsubpub based website (like as we're
currently doing for C3);

3. use Apache CMS and try to import all existing documentation
(including C3's, in this case) - as suggested by David in the e-mail below;

I am for (2) and can spend some time for this, with some other
volunteer, of course ;-)

WDYT?
Regards.

--